Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Cell Models and Cell Engineering Hub
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
Who You Are
The Cell Modeling Research Associate will work within the Cell Models and Cell Engineering Hub and report to the Hub Manager. The Cell Models and Cell Engineering Hub broadly supports the cell-models based research activities at Altos Labs – Cambridge Institute of Science. The Cell Modeling Research Associate will be actively involved in all Hub activities with a strong focus on cell culture techniques and cell line provision of primary cell, stem cell, and immortalized cell populations. The ideal candidate will have a BSc degree (or relevant experience) and significant hands on experience in the cell culture research environment.
- Supports hub operations, including maintenance/upkeep of equipment, management of waste streams, inventory and stocking of critical reagents, supplies, and materials, and following cell modeling and cell engineering standard operating procedures.
- Assists the Hub Manager and group members with the design and creation of novel cell modeling and cell engineering projects, initiatives, and services.
- Performs cell culture functions with independence after an initial training period.
- Performs quality control testing and characterization assays on cell lines and critical reagents.
- Assists with the management of cell lines and materials/reagent inventories, including updating and maintaining records, entering new materials in inventory and data-basing tools, and fulfilling distribution requests.
- Supports training and induction functions provided by the Hub.
- Works with the Hub Manager and to achieve Hub goals and meet project milestones.
- Assists with EH&S compliance, generation of risk assessment and implementation of standard operations procedures
- Maintains accurate and complete electronic notebook records, registries and inventories.
- Records, analyzes, and presents results and data at team and larger group meetings.
- Assists with problem solving, troubleshooting and assay development to maintain and improve hub operational workflows.
- Works collaboratively across departments and operational levels.
- Effectively communicates using digital platforms and through in person interactions.
- Performs repetitive and standardized laboratory tasks with a high degree of reproducibility.
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to safety protocols, and knowledge of basic laboratory procedures to advance projects under shifting priorities and timelines.
- 1-3 years of practical experience in a biological / medical / pharmaceutical research environment.
- We are open to different levels for this position based on experience.
- Significant experience with significant experience in establishing and maintaining cell lines and/or primary cells in culture.
- Significant experience of working to the highest aseptic standards and working in Containment Level 2 facilities.
- Highly organised and self-motivated with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, with proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask and work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good level of computer literacy and be able to maintain accurate detailed records
- BSc in Biomedical Science or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Technical knowledge in cell biology and cell line generation and a track record of optimisation and delivery.
- Confident accurate record keeping skills and experience of inventory and database programmes.
- Effectively communicates using digital platforms and through in-person interactions
- Ability to react to changing priorities.
The salary ranges for this position are: Research Associate I range is £29,750 to £40,250; Research Associate II range is £33,150 to £44,850; Senior Research Associate range is £39,950 to £54,050
Before submitting your application:
- Please click here to read the Altos Labs EU and UK Applicant Privacy Notice.
- This Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/
Something looks off?