Founding Staff Full Stack Engineer - Remote (CAN)
Aktos is a seed-stage, Vertical SaaS Fintech startup looking for a Founding Full Stack Engineer (70/30 Backend leaning) who will play a key role in building the Operating System that powers the $18B Credit Collections industry.
Credit Collectors play an overlooked yet integral part of our financial ecosystem. They help Consumers settle their debts and improve their credit scores— granting them clean states to start over. Collectors help critical businesses like doctor's offices and local governments, who deal with high payment default risk, secure their revenue streams and ensure their continued survival.
In truth, Collectors have incredibly interesting, multi-faceted jobs. They are often one part sales person, one part therapist, and one part detective in their mission to recover funds. At Aktos, we are building a modern software platform that caters to Collectors' unique workflows, and make the credit recovery process a more positive experience for all parties.
Aktos was founded by seasoned Product and Engineering leaders who have worked at companies such as Zenefits, TikTok, Meta, LinkedIn, Google, Apple, Amazon, WeWork, Flatiron Health (acquired by Booking.com). We are experts at building, launching, and scaling word-class software platforms— rest assured, if you join us you will be working with and learning from the best.
- Frontend - ReactJS, Redux, RTK Query
- Backend - Django, DRF, Postgres
- DevOps - Docker, Github Actions, Terraform, AWS
- Work directly with our CEO, CTO, and a handful of other engineers to build full stack features and improvements to the product
- Work across the entire stack using cutting edge frameworks, tools, and own execution
- Take true end-to-end ownership of your work and lead key components of our product roadmap
- Refine the SDLC & CI/CD pipelines
- Maintaining our AWS infrastructure
Who You Are
- Comfortable with autonomy, ownership and responsibility
- You care more about getting it right, than being right. Love learning, asking questions and are comfortable asking for help when you get stuck
- Jack-of-all trades; Expert in one - You can do anything from optimizing SQL query to writing maintainable CSS and everything in between, but you still have a preferred part of the stack
- 5+ Years of Software Development Experience
- Professional experience with Python (5+ years required)
- Professional experience with Django (5+ years required)
- Strong fundamental understanding and usage of a RDBMS [Postgres preferred]
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience with AWS [Terraform experience preferred]
- Comfortable working full-stack
- Solid engineering fundamentals and passion for high quality code
- Product intuition, user empathy, ability to make sound UX decisions
- Strong work ethic, end-to-end ownership mentality
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with employee stock options, bonus and access to a 401K
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Remote-first company