Senior Solutions Engineer
As a Sr. Solutions Engineer, you'll lead technical discussions, deliver tailored demos, and manage integrations to ensure seamless adoption of Affinity's core platform and Affinity for Salesforce. Integral to the Sales team, you'll report to the Vice President of Solutions Engineering, playing a pivotal role in bridging sales, customer success, product, and engineering. Your expertise in technical scope, security, adoption, and usage will boost close rates, retention and success, while your insights gather references, case studies, and feedback, establishing you as the Affinity expert.
What you’ll be doing:
Technical Pre-Sales Engineering:
- Provide technical advice and support for sales opportunities, engaging with technical contacts, developers, and key stakeholders in prospect/customer organizations.
- Ensure accurate positioning of Affinity and address technical objections through effective communication.
- Conduct product demonstrations and present to prospect/customer contacts.
- Craft formal RFP response documents and high-level integration implementation plans.
- Collaborate closely with sales colleagues, contributing to qualification and sales strategies.
- Collaborate with the Professional Services team to design and support complex solutions.
- Oversee the implementation and success of pre-sales proofs-of-concept.
- Utilize project management skills and collaborate with technology partners as needed.
- Build custom API integrations using various IPaaS systems (e.g., Tray.io) and applications.
- Facilitate seamless integration of Affinity with diverse technology stacks.
Information Security & Data Privacy:
- Complete RFI's/RFP's during the sales process, ensuring comprehensive responses.
- Serve as the security advocate for our customer base, addressing information security and data privacy concerns.
- Engage with C-level executives to discuss system architecture, security practices, policies, and data privacy measures.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Affinity, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly align with the qualifications above, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- SFDC Admin Certification and/or relevant experience and understanding of the Salesforce ecosystem, including collaboration with Salesforce system integrators.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in technical support, professional services, engineering, or systems engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in API utilization, with the ability to understand, implement, and build integrations using third-party APIs.
- Problem-solving skills rooted in an engineering mindset, coupled with the ability to articulate solutions effectively to diverse audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with well-defined time-management abilities to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiasm for taking on different responsibilities and contributing across various departments within the company.
Nice to have:
- Experience creating Statement of Works (SOWs)
- Experience with RFI & RFP process
- Experience with Single-Sign On IDP technologies
- A background in Security & data privacy
What you’ll enjoy at Affinity
- We live our values as playmakers, obsessed with learning, care personally about our colleagues and clients, are radically open-minded, and take pride in everything we do.
- Health Care coverage and flexible personal & sick days. We want our team to be happy and healthy :)
- We provide an annual budget for you to spend on education and offer a comprehensive L&D program – after all, one of our core values is that we’re #obsessedwithlearning!
- We support our employee’s overall health and well-being and reimburse monthly for things such as; Transportation, Home Internet, Meals, and Wellness memberships/equipment.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is essential.
Please note that the role compensation details below reflect the base salary only and do not include any variable pay, equity, or benefits. This represents the salary range that Affinity believes, in good faith, at the time of this posting, that it will pay for the posted job.
A reasonable estimate of the current range is $110,000 - $187,000 USD Base. In addition, this position is also eligible to receive commission based on departmental KPIs. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors such as job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
We have raised over $120M and are backed by some of Silicon Valley’s best firms, with over 2,700 customers worldwide on our platform. We are proud to have a 4.5 Star Glassdoor rating and recently ranked; Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022 and Great Places to Work 2022. Passionate about helping dealmakers in the world’s biggest relationship-driven industries to find, manage, and close the most important deals; our Relationship Intelligence platform uses the data exhaust of trillions of interactions between Investment Bankers, Venture Capitalists, Consultants, and other strategic dealmakers with their networks to deliver automated relationship insights that drive over 450,000 deals every month.